About Don Uloth
Don Uloth is AV rated by Martindale-Hubble, which is the highest peer-review rating conferred by the publisher for legal ability and ethical conduct. I have 25 years of experience handling lawsuits in Texas courts, representing businesses and individuals in contract disputes, commercial litigation, and employment disputes.
Cases resolved before trial or presently ongoing include:
- Employment discrimination cases involving age, race, sex, pregnancy, disability, and national origin.
- Retaliation claims based on Title VII, ADA, ADEA, Sarbanes Oxley, and workers’ compensation.
- Sexual harassment and hostile environment claims.
- Breach of employment contract cases involving executives and commissioned employees.
- Business tort cases such as tortious interference and defamation.
- Enforcement/defense of covenants not to compete and protection of trade secrets, often involving expedited claims for injunctive relief.
- Partnership disputes involving the ouster of a limited partner and majority oppression of minority shareholder or partner.
- Commercial contract cases (commercial leases, sale of goods cases, construction and service contracts).
- UCC litigation involving sale of goods and security interests.
- Extraordinary remedies: I have probably used every writ and extraordinary remedy known under Texas law at one time or another, including temporary restraining orders, temporary injunctions, garnishment, sequestration, attachment, and receivership.
- Insurance coverage disputes, bad faith claims, and Texas Insurance Code cases.
Trials/arbitrations to verdict include:
- Defend publicly-traded company on claims asserted by the founder-CEO after the board of directors terminated his employment.
- Defend CFO sued for sexual harassment and intentional infliction of emotional distress by four former employees.
- Represent investment bank suing four employees who resigned to form a competing using confidential information on bank’s pending deals to compete unfairly against the bank.
- Defend financial services company sued by its former employee seeking $6 million in commissions allegedly due under his employment contract.
- Represent company suing its former President to recover unauthorized bonuses, unpaid loans, and to unwind self-dealing transactions between him and the company.
- Defended a financial services firm sued by forty-plus investors defrauded by an independent broker/dealer for his undisclosed conduct.
- Represented commercial lender who financed RV dealership in suit to sequester and recover 23 motor homes and recover judgment for the loan deficiency.
- Trial in probate court where sister challenged father’s oral gift to her brother.
- Sued the producer of a Mia Hamm soccer video to collect fees to to the contractor that authored the DVD.